Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I created Adventures back in 2009. My ambitions were huge, but my available time was limited, and I ended up sidelining the project after a few initial releases and restarts. The game originally featured a version of the popular D20 RPG rules, but I later found it to be far too complex for what I was trying to create. The early versions of the game did a decent job of setting the stage for later content, but I neglected many areas that could have fleshed the game out better. The original version also included a fair amount of pictures, but these were fairly limited in quality.

Despite these shortcomings, the game was well received, although the audience was rather limited.

I have come back to work on the game and have already made great progress. I have stripped out much of the D20-inspired content, and focused on a simpler system that still preserves enough depth to be interesting. I threw out most of the original pictures, and have started fresh with images that are of much higher quality and quantity. I have expanded many of the early areas, with plans for further expansion. Most important of all, I have a much more solid plan this time, one that I can accomplish far easier than the wide ranging ideas I had early in development.

If you played Adventures in the past, and liked it, you will probably enjoy the new version. It is basically a bigger, prettier version of what you have already seen. There is some new content, but I haven't pushed the storyline much further...yet. That will come in due time. I wanted to release this updated version before pushing into new territory so that I could get some initial feedback before I really dig into the new content.

So...that is it for now. I hope to have the updated version out sometime over the next couple weeks. After that, I will be going into new content. This won't be a fast process, but I would like to finish the game over the next year. Wish me luck!

Oh, and for a preview...here is an example of a character portrait...just an example, because you can now pick things like hair styles!


1 comment:

  1. I want to say thanks for your time in making this game (i love the new portrait) and i hope see more soon.
    Thanks
    Ezpinete

    ReplyDelete