Monday, December 31, 2012

The new version: Status and Contents

Thanks to everyone for the positive responses and support! Knowing that people want to see the project move forward is extremely motivating!

I have mostly seen questions about the release timeline and the old version. I will address those two issues as well as the new content and differences between versions.

1) My goal for release of the updated version (a major update, not even close to final) is no later than February 1st 2013. However, it is a strong possibility that I can get it done by mid January.

2) I am not supporting the old version, because it is incomplete, buggy, and very out of date. If you get a copy and want to try it, go for it. Just be aware of the nature of what you are playing.

3) Here is a list of new features and changes:
- New, better artwork. Many more images, with variations.
- Improved gameplay systems. Instead of a D20 style RPG system, I am keeping things simpler and faster. You will still have character stats, experience levels, dialogue, combat and plenty of options and depth.
- New encounters and enemies
- New NPCs
- New Quests
- New dynamic, interactive system for adult content. This is AIF, and I want the sex to be much more interactive and repayable than most games.
- Revised and updated existing content.
- Initial areas of open world gameplay.

This is a big update, and it is foundational. Much of what I am doing now involves creating modular systems that can be used multiple times. This will speed the creation of future content.

Right now my only debate is whether to release the new version with some placeholder content, or finish writing everything first.

So that is where we stand and where we are going. Let me know if you have questions!

7 comments:

  1. Hmm mid January...if it gets updated on the 15th that would be an awesome Birthday prezzie to me! but no pressure or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thumbs up on redoing this in a way that'll save you time in the long run :)
    I'm looking forward to trying out what new stuff you've added and having a look at how the system looks to the user.
    I'm also quite looking forward to seeing how feedback will influence your design decisions. That never seems to go the way one would expect at first, so I'm curious ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the interest!

    I will certainly be looking for constructive feedback! After all, if people don't enjoy the game, what is the point?

    Once I get this update out, I will likely focus some of my efforts on the areas that people seem most interested in expanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And?
    Where we can download and test your game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And what? Have you read any of the posts and information here...? Should answer your question.

      Thanks for the interest.

      Delete
  5. Hello!
    I hope u dont mind if a make a few questions!,I LOVE the old game and i want to know more about the new one
    In which RPG-system are taking your inspiration? D20?, Vampire? call of Chuthul? Gurps?I belive in the old game was a D20 system so is probabily the same in the new one no? Can u tell us why u pick that system? and if is very hard to code?.
    What kind of Fetish are u gone develop? are u planing to make the tg tf slow or fast?
    I think a will save a few questions for other day XD, anyway thanks again for make this game and sorry for my english!
    Ezpi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the interest.

      I basically boiled the mechanics down to fairly simple skill checks and combat. Hopefully people will find it easy to use. It is now much easier and faster to code.

      For fetish content, there will be normal vanilla sex, BDSM, monsters, body modification, etc. I will expand on the kinds if fetishes based on player interests.

      For TF, there will be a variety. Some will be immediate, some gradual, and some will be fully player controlled.

      Delete