Thursday, March 7, 2013

Compromsing on Lighting?

So one of the main slowdowns I have experienced is that I have been trying to vastly improve the quality of images. I have had some success with this. However, I have also been spending tons of time on it that could go towards actual writing.

I'm experimenting with some compromises to increase the speed at which I create images. Here is an example. In this picture, I have reduced the quality of lighting a bit. The time to render the images drops to a much, much faster time when I use these settings...but does it still look ok?

Let me know what you think.


5 comments:

  1. It's not a bad CG picture, but what do you look for when you want it to look OK verses good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it looks okay, but the loss of the lighting is very noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have messed around making renders on several occasions, lighting is always a massive problem when creating the render it really slows the process a hell of alot.
    Only real problem with losing the lighting is skin textures and such look strange and the quality of some images just don't feel right. I wouldn't worry too much about time constraints, take your time and make a quality product, don't rush something just to keep other people happy.
    Patience is a virtue as they say, if people respect your work then they should have the patience to wait for something great haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it possible to setup the scene then send it out to be rendered by someone else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thihk you can, but there are factors that get in the way of this theory, the person your sending it too has to have the same program, lighting sets, models, poses etc etc etc.

      Delete