Saturday, November 29, 2014

Great new game!

I want to highlight a great new game that includes some of the same gameplay concepts I have been working to develop in my own work. This game includes a great blend of schedule management and detailed interactions during specific scenes. This dynamic allows for a wide range of game play, without tons of extra clicking or micromanagement. End result is an efficient system that allows for a high level of player control while remaining focused on the most interesting decisions and scenes, instead of spending most of the game clicking through the same mundane actions.

The author has extensive plans to deepen and lengthen the game play, and I am excited to see where this goes!

Splendid Ostrich: Newlife
http://splendidostrich.blogspot.co.uk/?zx=e27d28b51bc6ea3a

For my own work, I would kill to have a system like this to work with. RAGS is great, and saves tons of time with basic systems implemented, but it lacks some features I would like, such as built-in scheduling.

1 comment:

  1. NewLife quickly rose to the title of "Bestest AIF Game Ever" for me purely based on its potential (and maybe the impregnation stuff). Is the modern game you're working on similar to the life sim format of NewLife, or more plot aligned like traditional AIF games?

    ReplyDelete